- Lead Salary: £45-55k experience dependant
- Senior Salary: £40-45k experience dependant
Embedded Software Design Engineers at AB Dynamics work within the small Electrical & Electronic Design Engineering team on low level software at the core of our products. You will be working on multiple products from AB Dynamics large product portfolio in collaboration with our mechanical, electrical and software design teams.
What will you be doing?
- Designing and architecting embedded software for safety controllers within ADAS targets and Robot Controllers.
- Implement bugfixes and features to existing embedded software products.
- Debugging embedded software and communication busses such as I2C, SPI, CAN, Ethernet and EtherCAT.
- Prepare and submit documentation for our NPD (New Product Development) design process.
- Provide in-house support for embedded software products to stakeholders such as the test and calibration department and the wider engineering team.
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualified in an Electrical Engineering discipline or Computer Science Discipline, although exceptional candidates with relevant experience only and/or HND qualifications only will be considered.
- 2-3 years (for Senior) or 3-5 years (for Lead) professional embedded software experience, although exceptional candidates with practical experience and a willingness to learn embedded software design will be considered.
- Experience of using logic analysers, debuggers, and high-speed oscilloscopes.
- An understanding of communication busses such as I2C, SPI, CAN and Ethernet.
- Experience of STM32 development or PIC32 development would be an advantage.
Why join us?
We are an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com