- Preparation of concept designs
- Liaising with internal and external sources to asses cost and manufacturing feasibility
- Creation of detailed electronic schematics, PCB layout, Electrical CAD and mechanical drawings for manufacture
- Preparation of supporting documentation – engineering calculations, test reports, etc.
- Propel the manufacture of prototypes and final products through a busy manufacturing department
- Customer Support
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree qualified Engineer (2.1 or above) in Integrated Design Engineering, Integrated Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Robotics Engineering or Electrical Engineering with an interest in mechanical design.
- Experience in (or a keen interest in learning) the following: mechanical enclosure and/or product design, electronic systems design, PCB design, embedded software design and the design concerns surrounding an integrated product.
- Experience of (or a keen interest in) mechatronic systems
- Ability to take a design requirement from idea to concept, to prototype, to complete product
- Broad knowledge/awareness/love of technology. Automotive interest desirable, but not essential
- Understanding of fundamental Mathematics & Physics
- Problem Solving / Critical Thinking skills
- Motion Control, PLCs, Electrical Machines – Motors and Drives
- Experience with Matlab and other scripting languages,
- Experience with PIC or ARM based architectures
- Industrial Electronics –Power and Panel wiring
- A passion for design with good analytical skills and the ability to liaise across engineering disciplines. Creativity and a determination to succeed are key attributes for this role.
- Enjoys seeing prototypes to concept stage and subsequently on to final product
- Able to manage multi-work streams and prioritise multiple demands with a flexible approach
- Willing to undertake occasional travel if required, including internationally
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org