ABOUT AB DYNAMICS
AB Dynamics plc is an AIM listed plc with operations in the UK, US, Europe and Asia and a market cap of £500m. Head office is located in Bradford on Avon.
The business has grown rapidly over the last 3 years, with a compound annual growth rate of over 35%. With £60m spent to date on 3 acquisitions, organic growth of a further 3 business units and an ambitious strategy for further expansion, there are significant opportunities for the right candidate to add value to the business.
AB Dynamics is one of the world’s leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles
Partnering closely with the Group CFO, this position is key to the creation of a best in class Group Finance Function and is responsible for the design, delivery and continual improvement of financial reporting through:
- Responsibility for statutory reporting, including preparation of the Annual Report & Accounts in accordance with IFRS and management of the audit process
- Improving the overall control environment, ensuring appropriate financial controls are in place. Managing the internal controls and audit programme, reporting directly to the Audit Committee chair in this respect
- Managing the global finance team, ensuring general motivation, well-being and continuous development
- Due diligence and integration support on future acquisitions
- Preparation of Group consolidated Annual Report & Accounts in accordance with IFRS
- Preparation of technical papers to support key judgements, for example IFRS 15 revenue milestones
- Analytical review/due diligence of final Group accounts to identify issues/potential investor questions
- Overall co-ordination of subsidiary external financial reporting and filings
- Manage the relationship with the external auditors
Internal audit and internal controls
- Standardise Group internal control procedures across acquired subsidiaries and the existing Group. Visit subsidiaries to set targets for improvement and facilitate the subsidiary to achieve that improvement.
- Implement Group internal control manual and ensure it is up to date and appropriately addresses emerging risks
- Work closely with the Company Secretary regarding the Group’s risk management programme to ensure consistency between commercial and financial risk management
- Perform quarterly balance sheet reviews to identify potential issues and areas for improvement. Particular focus will be required on inventory management
- Set up Group internal audit programme, including:
- Performing internal audit site visits
- Supervising/reviewing auditors’ work
- Ensuring programmes are risk-based, with an operational focus and kept up to date
- Following up the status of recommendations and driving control environment improvements
- Preparation and presentation of reports to the Audit Committee, reporting directly to the Audit Committee Chair in this respect
- Perform early evaluation of potential acquisition opportunities and develop proposed deal structure
- Manage due diligence in respect of transaction work, either performing directly or engaging and managing advisors
- Develop integration plan and execute financial integration
- Prepare year end investor relations presentations
- Support the CFO in reviewing analyst briefing notes and dealing with analysts
- Deal with ad hoc enquiries from investors throughout the year
- Develop and manage relationships with external advisors including:
- Remuneration advisors
- Bank relationship manager
- Due diligence providers
- Internal auditors
- External auditors
- Develop wider network to ensure alternative solution providers are available
Ad hoc projects
- Supporting contractual tenders including financial modelling and analysis of contractual obligations
- Support with global roll out of ERP programme
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
To be considered for this role you must be a qualified accountant with experience of a UK plc environment and exposure to international manufacturing operations. Ideally with a strong academic record, good professional exam passes and post-qualification experience.
Leadership and behavioural skills
- Ambitious and self-motivated individual with a ‘can do’ attitude, true team player with a low ego and strong work ethic
- Reputation for delivery of high quality outputs whilst empowering and developing team members
- Track record of achievements with proven change management capabilities
- Sound commercial acumen
- Technical strength
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
Though based at head office, this is an international role with requires a degree of international travel and flexibility. For the right candidate this role offers the opportunity for challenge, variety, autonomy and reward in a dynamic environment and a significant opportunity to add value by shaping the development of the global finance team.
We’re an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com