ABOUT AB Dynamics
AB Dynamics is one of the world’s leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles.
The simulation team is responsible for the development of a multitude of innovative products. This business area is undergoing significant growth due to the demand of simulation and simulator products to accelerate product development. As a result, an opportunity exists for a Lead Engineer to join this exciting and rapidly expanding team. For the suitable candidate, this presents a chance to take on significant responsibility and to shape the product development roadmap.
As a Lead Engineer you will be responsible for the delivery of the technical solutions required for Continuous Product Development (CPD) and New Product Development (NPD) within the simulation team. You will coordinate activities between the engineering and verification disciplines, working in partnership with the Project Manager to ensure successful project execution.
- Day-to-day technical lead for the relevant development team to deliver a product that meets the customer’s / products owner’s requirements.
- Capture and analysis of customer and system level requirements.
- Generation and implementation of Validation and Verification plans.
- Development of system design.
- Deliver projects to contracted time, cost and quality.
- Identification of project technical risks and assisting the Project Manager with the management of them.
- Compliance with business processes and engineering governance.
- Support where necessary related bids and estimates.
- Interface with other areas of functional expertise throughout the business
- Ensuring clear reporting to all stakeholders. Travel, including internationally, when needed to fulfill duties.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline such as engineering, mathematics, science, software or equivalent depth of experience in an engineering field
- Recent experience of leading multi-disciplinary (software, electrical, mechanical) complex product developments
- Strong organizational skills
- Broad technical knowledge. Automotive interest desirable, but not essential
- Able to manage multi-work streams
- Quick learner
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of Real Time systems
- Control system design/ practical experience of closed loop systems
- Vehicle Simulation including ADAS/experience of Driver in the Loop simulators
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance (CE)
- Experience of NPD/NPI systems including Verification and Validation Knowledge/experience of TwinCat/EtherCat
We are an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com