- Salary: £40-£50k experience dependant
- Hybrid pattern: Minimum of 3 days onsite
About ABD Solutions
Our mission is to accelerate the transition to autonomy by providing retrofit solutions that enable the automation of conventional vehicle fleets rapidly and cost-effectively. Leveraging the capabilities of the AB Dynamics Group, ABD Solutions has access to a global network of simulation, testing, and autonomy capabilities, which we use to address the autonomy challenges of the materials handling, defence, mining and agriculture industries.
We are looking for a Lead Test Engineer to work within a multi-disciplinary team developing novel autonomous vehicle control systems for the off-highway and defence markets. Reporting to the Engineering Director, you will develop test applications and test cases in Labview for HIL and on-vehicle tests.
You will work within a fast-paced development team, applying strong technical knowledge, hands-on problem solving to novel engineering challenges. You shall rapidly learn and develop your engineering knowledge, working with technical and subject matter experts in adjacent fields.
What will you be doing?
- Develop a Labview application to control our Hardware-In-Loop test fixtures and on-vehicle testing.
- Design, lead and undertake subsystem verification, system verification and product acceptance tests.
- Write clear technical reports, including test strategies, test plans, test cases and incident reports.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's or Master’s in software or mechatronics engineering.
- 5 years’ experience designing tests and test fixtures for commercial or automotive products, or industrial machinery
- Experience in developing test applications in Labview.
Why join us?
We are an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at ABD Solutions. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To discover why we’re a great place to work, send us your CV outlining how your innovative and inquisitive personality would make you a good fit in the world of autonomous vehicle technology - firstname.lastname@example.org