We are looking for an experienced marketing and commercial activity coordinator with a desire to make their mark within a rapidly growing start-up business unit within an established PLC company.
The unit's mission is to drive the expansion of AB Dynamics' world-leading solutions into new markets both in the UK and internationally.
While part of the established AB Dynamics organisation, the new business unit will operate very much like a start-up, so the working environment will be fast-paced, rapidly changing, and the candidate will be required to work in many conjoined areas including non-marketing related tasks as the business establishes itself.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a broad range of both marketing and sales skills to help build the new brand, contribute to the overall marketing strategy, and implement campaigns that drive the growth of this strategically important part of the AB Dynamics business and would suit a proactive and versatile professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys taking initiative.
As part of a small team, you will report directly to the Commercial Director of the business unit, while also working closely with AB Dynamics' Head of Marketing to ensure that the unit's output is in line with the company's overall marketing strategy. Working within a new start-up entity with the AB Dynamics Group the breadth and depth of this role will develop as the business grows offering fantastic personal development opportunities
Day-to-day tasks will involve:
- Creating and adapting pitch presentations focussed on new markets
- Writing website, case study and brochure content
- Managing the unit's online and SM presence
- Researching markets and competitors
- Managing the business unit's participation at events including stand design and event management
- Co-ordinating the production of high-quality tenders and proposals for prospective customers
- Acting as brand champion including ensuring materials are always on-brand
- Coordinating the production of high-quality video content
- Liaising with internal stakeholders
- Managing creative agencies
- Writing engaging, accurate and on-brand content for case studies, datasheets, brochures, press releases, social media and thought leadership articles Generate and maintain business unit documentation and quality management system processes
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualification) in a marketing or related field
- 3-5 year's B2B marketing experience gained while working for an engineering or technology-focused business
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skillsets
- Experience working within the full marcomms mix including print, digital, social media, PR and video
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- A strong eye for detail and good design ideas
- A strong customer focus with a customer centred mentality
- A positive, towards thinking attitude
- Ability to produce excellent written material, which is technically clear, concise and compelling to a wide range of stakeholders
- Works well within a team but can work independently under their own initiative
- Exceptional organisation, project and planning skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience working within any of the automotive, defence, agriculture, materials handling or general software industries
- Experience working within a start-up Experience in executing marketing campaigns in international markets.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent creative and strategic thinking capabilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines, work autonomously or as part of a team and who is eager to establish and build the external image of the new business unit
- Able to interface & network across the wider Company, including international locations and with key customers Security cleared or able to achieve SC.
We are an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org