Please note, this role is initially on a 24-month contract; but there will be potential opportunity, for the right person, of a permanent position after the ERP system goes live.
The successful candidate will be accountable for managing, improving and creating the master data to facilitate ERP system implementation.
- Support and administration of all master data to include:
- customer and supplier master data reconciliation
- verification of Bills of Material (BoMs)
- configuration management and documentation control
- ensuring consistency and quality of all released product data into the ERP system
- Automate repetitive analytic tasks to blend multiple data sources
- Liaise with cross functional teams and departments to drive business master data to:
- understand current state (without an ERP system)
- transition to a future state (with an ERP system)
- Support cross functional teams in various tasks around data analysis, data cleansing and documentation clean up
- During ERP implementation, accountable for maintaining cross system records to ensure current business operations continue
- Upon ERP go-live, have organisational accountability for the master data and entry of requests
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A relevant technical qualification (e.g. Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Systems or Engineering), or
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Master Data Management
- Good demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Office tools – Excel (advanced user), Access, PowerPoint
- Understanding of how data can be manipulated, analysed and visualised effectively
- Prior experiences of mass data entry, ensuring correctness to satisfy demands of cross-functional teams
- Able to understand and appreciate the "bigger picture"
- Awareness of how business ERP tools interact
- Extraction of data from internal DBMS systems using SQL/other query languages to create datasets for data mining and analysis
- Modelling and creation of datasets used as a platform for migration into an ERP system
- Ability to follow instructions and quickly learn on the job, whilst having remit to act laterally to achieve end goal
- Ability to problem solve and prioritise tasked workload on one’s own initiative, whilst having confidence to seek support when needed
- Can-do positive attitude when facing new and unfamiliar challenges
- Good, succinct communication skills
Salary is experience dependant, i.e. knowledge of working within ERP and prior Master Data experiences.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com