Duties & Responsibilities
The role will involve designing new products and updating existing ones including:
- Preparing concept designs
- Liaising with internal and external sources to assess cost and manufacturing feasibility
- Creating detail drawings & general arrangement drawing for manufacture
- Preparing supporting documentation such as engineering calculations, test reports, etc.
- Getting involved in the assembly and testing of new designs
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer (2.1 or above)
- Excellent A levels (or equivalents) in Maths & Physics
- Experience of CAD, FEA and/or other analytical software packages (eg. Matlab) would be an advantage
- A good understanding of dynamic systems
- Some experience in making and/or repairing mechanical and/or mechatronic systems would be perceived as advantageous
- A passion for design coupled with good analytical skills
- Able to manage and prioritise multiple demands
- Able to work with colleagues and customers at all levels
- Flexible approach
- Good personal presence
- Willingness to travel
This position offers a real opportunity to see your designs through to manufacture.
Knowledge of automotive engineering would be of relevance to the role, although your creativity and determination to succeed are the most important factors.
To apply for the role, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org