The successful candidate will be expected work independently and proactively as well as part of a team. They will enjoy the challenge of working directly with customers to solve their problems and provide bug fixes.
rFpro has been the market leader of professional driver-in-the-loop motorsports simulator software for over 10 years and has customers from F1, Formula E, LMP, Indy & NASCAR. They are active in the field of ADAS and autonomous vehicles and are providing virtual testing environments for many road car manufacturers and suppliers.
- Work as part of a team developing our in-house rendering engine technology using advanced low-level graphics APIs such as Vulkan
- Produce high-quality software for customers
- Design and implement new product features
- Maintain and improve existing products
- Advocate good software engineering practices and continuous professional development
- Work to delivery deadlines
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Significant software development experience using C/C++
- 3D engine development (Vulkan, DirectX, OpenGL) or programming/extending rendering engines (gMotor, Unity, UE4)
- Developing shaders using HLSL or GLSL
- Solid understanding of 3D geometry (vectors, matrices, transforms etc.)
- Self-motivated, quality-focused and able to work independently 5+ years professional experience
- Knowledge of C++14, C++17
- Deployment of performance critical software on Linux (e.g. Docker)
- Ability to work directly with customers
rFpro have UK offices in Romsey and Bristol, and a US office in Ann Arbor (MI). Remote working will be considered for the right candidate.
A highly competitive salary, plus an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package are on offer.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com