ABOUT AB DYNAMICS
AB Dynamics is one of the world’s leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles.
The ideal candidate will have automotive R&D experience, the ability and motivation to work within the sales team to develop relationships and sales to vehicle manufacturers as well as autonomous and mobility start-ups within North America.
The candidate is expected to be responsible for independently developing sales leads as well as engaging sales leads generated by AB Dynamics Marketing and their Business Development teams and driving interest through expert engagement and product demonstrations from first contact through proposal development stages and close of purchase order. The AB Dynamics engineering and support teams will commission newly delivered equipment, train users and technically support the products after sale.
- Lead the sales process for all AB Dynamics and DRI product and services, focusing on the local Michigan customers.
- Conversion of sales opportunities through to quotes and close of sale.
- Work closely with the US sales partners to engage with potential customers and build confidence in our offerings.
- Organise and lead sales demonstrations to customers in collaboration with the various ABD a business groups.
- Work with marketing to develop promotional content and messaging for the various product groups that are specific to the markets and sales territory covered.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A technical background – most likely an engineering degree.
- At least 5 years of experience in automotive R&D and business development/sales.
- Some exposure to vehicle dynamics, track based testing, lab-based testing and simulation environments a further asset.
- High level of technical credibility. This role will be key in generating orders for multi-million-dollar machines and systems. The qualified candidate will possess a demonstrated ability to engage persuasively with potential customers.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and ability to build a rapport.
- Commercial awareness.
- Able to organise and convey technical information accurately and succinctly.
- A good listener, able to understand and respond to the customer’s requirements.
- Willingness and ability to travel within country and overseas.
- Must participate as part of a team effort and be willing to complete tasks outside the defined scope of responsibilities.
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans
- Competitive 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous paid time off, which includes shutdown over the end of year holidays
*AB Dynamics, Inc is a contractor to the Federal Government and is subject to the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force guidance mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all employees. Therefore, all candidates applying for a position after 25 October 2021 will be required to provide proof of vaccination before an offer for employment may be extended.