We are seeking a Technical Product Owner with a desire to make their mark within a rapidly growing start-up business unit within an established PLC company. ABD Solutions mission is to accelerate vehicle autonomy and drive the expansion of AB Dynamics' world-leading solutions into new markets both in the UK and internationally. The Product Owner will apply specific large off-highway vehicle domain expertise, engineering knowledge, Commercial exposure, line management experience and project management skills in planning, coordinating and delivering complex technical projects to required specification and timescales. With the technical ownership of product lines, you would use your skill sets to resolve highly complex technical challenges, apply existing knowledge in new ways and draw conclusions from comparative situations. This is a hands-on role working within a new start-up entity with the AB Dynamics Group the breadth and depth of this role will develop as the business grows offering fantastic personal development opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to translate market requirements into product specification
- Agrees product specification and defines detailed requirements in conjunction with business development team.
- Defines the product vision and roadmap which accomplishes the goal of the vision.
- Defines customer needs and the associated features to meet those needs
- Conduct requirements analysis, competitive analysis, roadmap planning execution to meet customers’ and clients’ needs
- Work with technical teams to understand early-stage product and capture in user stories and UX/UI.
- Translate requirements from a variety of sources into user stories
- Collaborate with the ABD solutions sales team to gather key market insights to build new products and improve existing products/features
- Monitor product goals, drive data driven decision making and define KPIs to demonstrate the impact of product changes
- Prioritise the backlog across stakeholders and responsible for drafting MRD, PRD, and workflows
- Define product architecture, product metrics, objectives, and key results to guide and measure the success of the product strategy
- Manage the build and continuous delivering features of the product from inception to live
- Run requirement gathering workshops with stakeholders both internally and externally
- Manage Jira tickets and contribute to the Confluence Wiki
- Experience of managing and successfully implementing NPD & NPI methodologies to commercial product.
- Knowledge of CE regulations
- Plan, direct and co-ordinate the work of technical staff Able to operate in an agile environment
- Review work of team members for technical accuracy, efficiency, and adequacy.
- Interfaces with other areas of functional expertise and wider group BU’s.
Qualifications, Knowledge and experience
- 3-5 years of product management experience working hands on with cross-functional squads of engineers, designers, and analysts to deliver against a product strategy and vision
- Has technical product knowledge and specific large off-highway vehicle domain expertise. Either Mining / Heavy industry or Defence land.
- Technical degree in relevant area (ideally Masters).
- Demonstrated success in releasing products that meet and exceed business objectives.
- Extensive Experience in Software Engineering, Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in working with Agile methodologies to control Software work (e.g. Jira, Trello, BitBucket), Product documentation (e.g. Confluence) and planning tools (e.g. Aha, Miro, etc.)
- Broad understanding of technology and product development
- Confident in managing the backlog and management of product cost
- Able to work on several diverse projects and applications at the same time.
- Experience of “best practice” from broader industry but able to apply this in an SME, entrepreneurial & fast paced environment.
- Excellent detailed written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage multi-work streams.
- Happy to maintain “hands-on” role to resolve and address complex tasks and have leadership role within their area of expertise.
- Able to interface & network across the Company, including international locations and customers. Able to advise and influence people to agreed courses action without direct reporting lines.
- Broad knowledge/awareness/love of technology.
- Automotive interest desirable, but not essential.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time, including internationally.