rFpro provides engineering-grade vehicle simulation environments, enabling our customers to develop vehicles, systems and components safely and efficiently. We serve the automotive and motorsport industries and are a company within AB Dynamics plc.
Our automotive customers are the world’s largest car manufacturers, tier one suppliers and sensor developers. In motorsport we are the market leader of professional driver-in-the-loop simulator software. The champions of every leading professional motorsport category are our customers.
rFpro’s global teams are passionate about their work. They are motivated to share their expertise across the business, contributing to this dynamic industry. Supported by a friendly, progressive and inclusive culture, individuals benefit from true flexible working, combining remote and office-based locations to enhance work-life balance as well as productivity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will manage the small, dynamic and expert rFpro Applications Development Team in the continuous development of high-quality applications software to meet evolving customer requirements. The team is distributed around the world. The role will be accountable for the technical solution, its quality and delivery to schedule. It will involve contributing to the successful management of projects including planning, managing, and reporting progress as well as collaboration with other departments. The role will include time in coding, identifying, and resolving technical issues in addition to management responsibilities.
- Managing and taking responsibility for the performance of the Applications Development Team in delivering high quality software in accordance with agreed specifications and timeframes.
- Contributing to the planning of new features and their incorporation into software release cycles and development sprints.
- Supporting customer proposals and working with the sales team to develop product specifications.
- Providing line management support to Team members and acting as Scrum Master.
- Identifying technical risks and mitigation actions to ensure that tasks, projects and roadmaps are achievable.
- Ensuring that resources within the Team match business requirements.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience managing technically sophisticated software teams delivering complex software solutions.
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent depth of experience in a technical field.
- Strong understanding of software engineering best practices and the ability to apply this in an entrepreneurial & fast-paced environment.
- Experience of training and developing team members to produce high-quality software.
- Understanding of cloud-based architecture and, ideally, experience in upscaling desktop applications to SaaS.
- Strong work ethic with the capability to manage multiple work streams.
- Able to understand, simplify and explain subject matter to non-engineers and senior stakeholders.
- Able to advise and influence colleagues to agreed courses of action without direct reporting lines.
- Willing to travel to company offices, customer sites and exhibitions on an occasional basis.
This role is flexible in terms of location. We have offices in Hampshire (Romsey) and Wiltshire (Bradford-on-Avon) in the UK as well as in Germany, USA and Japan. We are also happy for staff to work remotely or to blend home and office-working.
We offer a highly competitive benefits package. We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org