ABOUT AB DYNAMICS
AB Dynamics is one of the world’s leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a member of the Mechanical Design team reporting to a Lead Engineer, the role will involve designing new products and improving existing ones including the management and completion of change requests. This position offers a real opportunity to see your designs through to manufacture, from initial concept through prototyping and testing to drawing release
The role will involve designing new products and updating existing ones including:
- Preparing and analysing concept designs
- Liaising with internal and external sources to assess performance, cost and manufacturing feasibility
- Creating detail drawings and general arrangement drawings for manufacture
- Preparing supporting documentation such as engineering calculations, test reports, etc.
- Getting involved in the assembly and testing of new designs
- Supporting the Continuous Product Development process via drawing changes and updates
- Coordination of Non-Conformity Reports across the Mechanical Design department
Qualifications Knowledge & Experience
- Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer (2.1 or above)
- Excellent A levels (or equivalents) in maths and physics
- A good understanding of kinematics, dynamics and solid mechanics
- Experience of CAD, FEA and/or other analytical software packages (e.g. MATLAB)
- Experience in constructing or repairing mechanical or mechatronic systems
- Knowledge of automotive engineering
We’re an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org