This is a technical role, reporting to the GST Product Manager. The GST Commissioning Team Leader will be responsible for a team of technicians working on the final commissioning and assembly of the product.
The successful candidate will manage the build schedule to ensure that commissioning and final delivery happens on time. In addition, they should ensure the quality control of the shipped product by working in conjunction with the technicians.
They will be a strong team player who works well in a busy, quality product driven environment. They should possess a positive attitude to achieving the challenging product schedule and be able to work under periods of intense activity with a willingness to assist with all tasks as required.
Although some of the role will require a hands-on, technical approach, the Team Leader will also be expected to be conversant with the principal Microsoft Office packages and display a high level of detail and accuracy when completing documentation and recording information relating to the product build process.
Together with the Product Manager they should assist in getting the best out of the commissioning team and assist in identifying areas of development or training that might be required.
- Demonstrate the leadership skills to provide a structured method of how to achieve the required outcome, during periods of intense activity
- Working with the sales team to confirm requirements on purchase orders and ensure clarity and accuracy of build instructions
- Confirming accuracy of production items against customer purchase orders
- Coordinating shipping with AB Dynamics’ in-house shipping team for GST and associated equipment
- Producing packing lists and checking against available stock
- Monitoring of chassis build progress in line with GST delivery schedule
- Monitoring rolling road GST test schedule
- Coordinating with Project Engineers regarding the track test schedule
- Work with commissioning team to modify commissioning checklist/procedures as required
- Reporting and recording of faults/issues to GST Product Manager and working towards a solution
- Sign off GST documentation record prior to shipment
- Liaise regularly with GST Product Manager to provide schedule updates and progress reports based on all of the above
- Manage and review GST Technicians and Apprentices through appraisal process
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A technical background (either mechanical or electrical)
- Experience in managing projects and scheduling of tasks
- A ‘can-do’ attitude a willingness to ‘get stuck in’ to any task as required and ensure products are delivered on time
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft packages (Excel, Word, Project)
- Well organised
- Ability to lead by example
- Attention to detail
- Strong team player
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com