ABOUT AB Dynamics
AB Dynamics is one of the world’s leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Head of Quality Improvement you will manage the work of the Quality Manager and Health, Safety & Environment Officer. For other Business Unit's you will advise and influence the local management regarding quality and process improvement, quality management, regularity compliance, external auditors and health & safety in line with local regulations. Your primary focus for this role will be the operations and design related business units.
- Initiate, develop and implement strategies to improve ABD Group business processes.
- Advise and assist management and staff to understand and implement quality improvements in all business processes.
- Analyse business processes and assist in identifying problems and developing strategies for quality improvement.
- Contribute towards the implementation of long-term objectives by facilitating the timely development of new and improved business processes.
- Keep abreast of developments in business process quality improvement techniques and programs. Contribute to the senior management group's development of business strategies and plans by providing quality improvement advice and expertise.
- Manage and co-ordinate training and education programs on quality concepts and procedures.
- Develop, implement and monitor a 'Total Quality Management' program.
- Ensure that company’s Quality Management System (QMA) achieves ISO 9001 accreditation.
- Ensure that QMS is reviewed and up to date with, and business operations.
- Ensure internal audits of documented procedures are completed.
- Ensure that the Non-Conformance Reporting (NCR) system is maintained and corrective action implemented in timely manner.
- Ensure the creation and distribution of the monthly Company Performance Document (CPD).
- Ensure that Management Review meetings (MRMs) are completed, that actions are assigned and completed within agreed timescales.
- Ensure that quality training requirements for employees are identified and implemented.
- Ensure that liaison with external certification bodies is completed effectively and the management of external quality audits.
Health & Safety
- Ensure the development and implementation of health & safety systems, policies and procedures, focusing on the prevention of incidents and a safe working environment for all employees, contractors and visitors to the company.
- Ensure a regular review of internal health & safety policies and practices to ensure they are up-to-date and conform to regulatory and company developments.
- Ensure that risk assessments are undertaken, documented and regularly reviewed as required by the business.
- Ensure the investigation of all incidents or accidents (recordable incidents, near misses and first aid) and that proper records are completed and submitted to relevant authorities.
- Ensure that detailed, competent and timely advice is available to department managers on all health and safety issues.
- Ensure that health and safety committee meetings are held as required and that actions are assigned actions are completed within timescales agreed with assignees.
- Ensure the identification and completion of all health and safety training requirements.
- Ensure that company environmental policies and procedures comply with relevant legislation and relevant accreditations are maintained.
- Ensure that ABD communicates with regulatory offices and that complies with statutory environmental requirements.
Line Management Responsibilities
- Q&E Manager and Health & Safety Officer
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree or equivalent by experience.
- Formal qualification in Quality Improvement techniques e.g. Six Sigma.
- Able to demonstrate successful implementation of quality improvement actions within an engineering / technical environment.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Able to manage change and advise and influence people to agree courses of action without direct line management responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience in quality strategy development and implementation.
- Extensive experience in quality management and assurance, policies & procedures, ISO standards and requirements.
- Ideally experience of quality improvement practices in a multi-national “best practice” environment and able to apply these to an SME. Audit experience and capability.
We’re an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org