Location: Torrance, California USA
DRI (Dynamics Research Inc) (part of the AB Dynamics Group) is a Leading Specialist in Applied Research, Development and Consulting, Vehicle Dynamics & Control, Vehicle Systems, Human Factors & Ergonomics, Biomechanics, Structural Mechanics, Simulator Technology, Accidentology and Vehicle Testing.
Overseeing all marketing activities for a small company and reporting to the Executive Vice President, this role will allow the successful candidate significant autonomy to shape the company’s marketing function. You will develop a marketing strategy and plan how to maximize the return on marketing investment. You’ll plan and oversee our attendance at events, PR, promotional campaigns, and product launches
Market analysis and strategy
- Ensure that the market performance of the company's products is effectively monitored and analysed.
- Keep abreast of market trends, competitor activity, and the company’s competitive position in the market. Understand how to leverage our advantages against our competitors.
- Maintain periodic market sizing estimates for the company’s products and services.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate overall marketing strategy, informed by the market analysis, for the company to reach the maximum number of potential customers, enhance our brand, and to portray the company and its products in the best possible way.
- Manage the implementation of the strategy within the budget established by management.
- Assess the value and effectiveness of all available marketing activities and ensure the maximum return on marketing investment.
- Preparation of marketing strategy for launch of new products within NPD process.
- Liaison as appropriate with marketing staff at other Group companies to explore opportunities for cooperation.
- Overall responsibility for planning and the successful running of company marketing events around the world in conjunction with local offices or sales channels as appropriate.
- To identify and secure the company’s participation in relevant external conferences, seminars, industry bodies, and working groups to promote the company.
- Develop and implement advertising and promotion campaigns internally and with external providers.
- Ensure that product launches are implemented effectively and potential customers are informed.
- Responsible for the company’s marketing collateral and ensuring that it is prepared in time for company events and to the required standard.
- Ownership of company brand guidelines, and responsibility for ensuring that they are adhered to
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- At least 10 years of B2B marketing experience, with multi-national experience highly desirable
- Experience of marketing within a technical industry
- Experience marketing both products and services
- Relevant degree and marketing qualifications
- Effective leadership and motivational skills
- Effective networking skills both internal and external
- Willing to travel to participate in relevant trade shows and company marketing events
- Able to create and manage digital marketing strategies, including social media
- Able to manage multiple concurrent projects and meet firm deadlines
- Able to manage budgets and evaluate return on marketing investments
- Able to develop credibility with non-marketing staff and sell ideas and suggestions for effective marketing initiatives
- Able to interface with staff across all areas and levels within the company
- Able to interface with marketing counterparts at sister companies
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrable experience in managing the creation of video content
- Experience in marketing high value products and services
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com