ABOUT AB Dynamics
AB Dynamics is one of the world’s leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles.
This role requires the Planner to take responsibility to ensure that schedules are achieved by the management of part availability allowing the schedule to be delivered on time. This will also involve working with a key number of departments to ensure that schedule adherence is maintained and if expediting is required or a risk is identified this is overcome. You will have responsibility to manage, coordinate, integrate and drive a schedule from a defined scope whilst supporting those teams involved within the schedule. You will also need to manage the projects alongside production, balancing both capacity, parts and requirement whilst accounting for the schedule.
- Effectively utilise resource to achieve production or project targets to the requirements
- Establish production and project schedules
- Ensure schedules align to timelines, material availability whilst minimising impact to distressed inventory
- Maintain alignment between daily, weekly and monthly schedules
- Hold regular review meetings with Project Managers to ensure adherence to schedule and then distributing notes or updates from this
- Monitor delivery of required components, actioning or expediting where needed committing to schedule and to achieve OTIF. Identify new or emerging risks and devise a response to overcome this
- Manage and influence stock and inventory control through focusing expediting actively within purchasing to meet schedule
- Capacity planning
- Proactively engage in continuous improvement projects, as required, to improve efficiencies and further advancements
- Ensure data is accurate, aligned and integrated into the relevant areas and departments
- Manage risk through analysis of data, produce both written and Excel reports and be attentive to detail
- Good communication skills with other departments, including Purchasing, Projects, Stores, Team Leaders and Key Stakeholders
- Coordinate across a wide range of teams to achieve plan
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of engineering and/or manufacturing processes
- Experience of production or project scheduling
- Experience working in low volume/high part count manufacture
- Knowledge of ERP systems (advantageous)
- Excel Intermediate level
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products such as Word, MS Project
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate a number of work tasks simultaneously
- Confident and decisive - works calmly under pressure
- A logical thinker with the ability to work within a team and autonomously, using initiative to get things done Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
We are an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com