ABOUT AB Dynamics
AB Dynamics is one of the world’s leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles.
Our products use precision servo-controlled actuators, real-time motion controllers, and advanced data acquisition systems to enable customers to characterise vehicles and their sub system properties (for example suspension and steering systems).
- Working closely with design, application and software to expand capability and functionality of a brand new product
- Writing specification to define developments
- Hands on testing of software and hardware
- Customer facing activities
- Offer expertise to assist in customer issues
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Engineering degree or equivalent HND course coupled with appropriate industrial experience.
- Interest in engineering that extends beyond work and study i.e hobbies and interests
- Practical skills
- Familiarity with Matlab/Simulink and C++
- Experience of Electrical systems and closed loop control of servo motors including EtherCAT
- Prior experience in vehicle dynamics, NVH or product development
- Good communication skills
- A creative, analytical mind with the ability to troubleshoot complex systems
- A can-do attitude
- Drive to work both individually and as part of a team
Some foreign travel may be required to assist the Order Fulfilment team in the installation and calibration of equipment at customer research and development facilities and customer training.
We’re an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org