rFpro is a simulation environment for the automotive and motorsport industries. It is used for the development and testing of autonomous vehicles, ADAS, vehicle dynamics and human factor studies - essentially anything that involves driving a vehicle. rFpro’s automotive customers are the world’s largest car manufacturers, tier one suppliers and sensor developers. We enable them to simulate, test and validate new sensors, control systems and vehicle hardware systems. The top 10 OEMs that were early adopters of rFpro technology have already launched road cars which started their development, not on a test track, but in a virtual environment using rFpro. In motorsport we are the market leader of professional driver-in-the-loop simulator software - our customers are champions of every leading motorsport category. We maintain the largest library of digital road models (digital twins) of test tracks and race circuits for F1, NASCAR, WEC, IMSA, Indy, Formula E, Super-GT and Australian V8 Supercars.
rFpro’s vision is for every driving simulator experiment to be conducted using the rFpro engineering-focused simulation engine. On every driving simulator, local or cloud-based, rFpro will form a fundamental part of our customers’ vehicle developments.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will work as part of the Romsey Data Team along with the Producer, Development Engineers, Support Team, Art Team, and Sales & Marketing to ensure the smooth running of all projects.
Taking data delivered in its raw form (LiDAR surveys, CAD data, Photos, Videos etc) and analysing, processing and delivering the ordered data ready for our Art Team to use, taking the 3D models that the Art Team produce and ensuring the QC is followed. Part of your role will also include producing the engineering grade HD Surface.
- Analyse and validate source data sets from suppliers/customers
- Meeting with the Producer, Content Engineering Manager and Data Team in Romsey to understand and plan the project
- Creating well-ordered and named datasets ready for in house processing
- Creating data packages for the Art Team to allow them to understand the project from an overview – e.g edited videos to match the sections under construction, first stages of data processing to produce visual meshes in 3DS-Max, creating meaningful photo sets
- In depth processing of LiDAR data sets using in house written scripts and Rhino to produce ground surface mesh definitions
- Creating ordered, understandable data deliveries for the Art Team
- Liaising with the Producer & Art Team to ensure they have complete and fully functioning data sets
- Creating roads network descriptions (e.g SUMO, IPGRd5, OpenDRIVE)
- Receiving updates and deliveries from the Art Team and performing QC checks against the graphical references agreed at the start of the project
- Performing QC checks for the technical structure and ground surface assignments
- Performing real-time performance QC checks
- Feeding back any QC points that need adjusting to the Producer
- Final Testing and packaging up the project ready to send to Support Team for delivery to the customer
With offices in Romsey (UK), Ann Arbor, Michigan (USA) Giessen (Germany) and Shin-Yokohama (Japan) rFpro’s global teams are passionate about their work. They are motivated to share their expertise across the business, contributing to this dynamic industry. Supported by a friendly, progressive and inclusive culture, individuals benefit from true flexible working, combining remote and office-based locations to enhance productivity. We offer highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (+plus bank holidays) and company pension contributions.
Full training will be given however it would be useful to have familiarity with CAD packages such as 3DS Max or Rhino.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org