ABOUT AB DYNAMICS
AB Dynamics is one of the world’s leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join AB Dynamics as a Support Engineer focusing on our Advanced Vehicle Driving Simulator (aVDS). The aVDS is a versatile and innovative driving simulator which combines a high-performance motion platform and high specification audio and visual hardware with industry-leading virtual content from our sister company rFpro. With the additions of a dedicated purpose-built motorsport version and an entry-level static simulator, this family of premium vehicle simulators caters for all vehicle simulation needs to enable the virtual development of vehicles.
The role involves providing technical support to customers by email or telephone. Queries cover a wide range of technologies and disciplines (e.g. mechanical, electrical and software related), and are often complex.
Whilst you will focus primarily on the aVDS, building up your knowledge and experience of this product over time, the role will also require you to help support other products within the AB Dynamics Lab Testing group, such as the SPMM K&C machine. Your involvement in support on these other products, especially initially, is likely to be at an administrative level only – e.g. logging support issues on our database and ensuring that they are assigned to other engineers and actioned appropriately.
- Work closely with leading automotive and motorsport companies worldwide to help their engineers use our vehicle simulators effectively by providing technical support via e-mail and telephone.
- Assist customers in the use of our software to meet their simulation and test requirements.
- Feedback and log bug fixes and suggestions for new features or improvements (either from customer requests, or from your own ideas) to various internal teams.
- Reproduce, investigate and resolve often complex technical issues, including the provision of debug advice and assistance to customers.
- Where more complex problems are encountered, liaise with experienced engineers within the company to increase your knowledge and resolve the problem, whilst maintaining communication with the customer through to the resolution of the problem.
- Document all customer issues encountered in the appropriate company record system.
- Log, track and prioritise multiple issues across all customers,
- Assist in the generation of appropriate documentation to support on-site problem solving as well as ensuring product manuals are up to date. This will include liaising with the appropriate engineer or technical author. Initially provide administrative support for other products within the Lab Testing group, with this potentially extending to basic technical support as your experience grows.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A technical background & degree (for example Engineering)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrable ability for problem solving and logical thinking
- High level of Microsoft Office skill – especially Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience in a professional, customer facing environment, especially with customers for whom English is a second language.
- Working knowledge of computer components / systems including visual systems.
- Understand fundamentals of control systems and electromechanical assemblies.
- Experience in either driver in the loop (DIL), hardware in the loop (HIL) or offline simulations.
- Experience in tracking systems / database management
- Matlab / Simulink experience.
- Confident and effective communicator at a technical level
- Able to manage and prioritise multiple demands
- Able to work with colleagues and customers at all levels
- Flexible approach
- Good personal presence An openness to other cultures
Under normal circumstances there could be the potential for some foreign travel to support or train customers on-site.
We’re an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org