The Track Test Systems team is responsible for the support and continuous development of the driving robot and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) target products. The products are used to test and validate the latest vehicle safety technologies, such as those designed to intervene automatically in the event of a pending collision. The drive to develop vehicle autonomy has led to a growing demand for these products and a subsequent increase in the team’s support and training activities.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to work with leading automotive clients worldwide, providing support, training and demonstrations on a wide range of our products to customers. You will have the opportunity to travel to various proving grounds worldwide in order to assist and train users on-site.
- Work closely with leading automotive manufacturers worldwide to help their engineers use our products effectively by answering technical questions via e-mail and telephone. Queries cover a wide range of products and disciplines (e.g. mechanical, electrical and software related).
- Provide tailored training to customers on the use of new robots and ADAS targets, both at the company’s headquarters in Wiltshire and (in the majority of cases) at customer proving grounds worldwide
- Feeding back customer requests for new features or improvements to various internal teams
- Reproduce, investigate and resolve often complex technical issues, including the provision of debug advice and assistance to customers
- Where more complex problems are encountered, liaise with experienced engineers within the company to increase your knowledge and resolve the problem, whilst maintaining communication with the customer through to the resolution of the problem
- Test new robot controller software releases; identifying bugs, testing new features, and gaining continuous exposure to the latest developments in the software. This will either be in simulation mode, or whilst using real hardware and vehicles at the company’s nearby test track.
- Document all customer issues encountered in the appropriate company system
- Assist with implementing new testing standards from worldwide safety bodies (e.g. Euro NCAP) into our products, and help customers to use our software to meet their test requirements
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A technical background - Most likely an engineering degree
- Confident and effective communicator
- Good level of written and oral English
- Ability to build a rapport with others
- Openness to other cultures
- Experience in dealing with customers
- Fluency in additional languages is beneficial but not a requirement
- Able to manage and prioritise multiple demands
- Able to work with colleagues and customers at all levels
- Flexible approach
- Good personal presence
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness for exact working hours to be issued at short notice (normally late the previous week) to ensure overall support team operation between 8.00 and 18.00 daily
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org