ABOUT AB Dynamics
AB Dynamics is one of the world’s leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles.
Following sustained growth, we are looking to expand our team of Systems Engineers developing our real-time control code. The candidate will be joining the software development team at a graduate level and will be required to work closely with our track and laboratory test systems groups.
Products covered include track test systems (ADAS targets, Driving Robots, Drive-by-wire, Synchro), and laboratory test systems (SPMM, aNVH, SSTM).
The role will involve work to:
- Improve, support, and develop existing controller architecture.
- Implement new feature and new product development code.
- Assist in worldwide customer support.
- Assist with versioning, testing, and release practices
The role will be hands on in the use of the machines, to allow effective code understanding, and may include some travel abroad to customer sites to aid in commissioning of systems or introduction of new features/products developed.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in engineering, with an interest in control software.
- Experience in mechanical/electrical engineering – Ability to work with hardware as well as software and support physical testing.
- Can learn and adapt quickly to new technologies, programming languages and concepts.
- Willingness to travel abroad to work for short durations as required
- Can interact with end customers to understand requirements and provide support.
- Knowledge of programming languages: C, Python, MATLAB.
- Knowledge of control systems (PID), ECAT, CAN.
- Knowledge of software development cycle tools: Jira, Confluence, Git, TeamCity or equivalent.
- Knowledge of operating systems: Linux (Debian/Ubuntu), Windows.
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics, systems engineering, graphs/networks. Driving license.
We’re an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com