We are looking for an Engineer/Scientist with a background in computer vision, artificial intelligence and sensor processing skills to help develop new products for our driverless vehicle technology in the automotive testing sector.
The role will have a particular emphasis on developing algorithms for processing data from sensors such as from cameras, lidar, and radar. This is for the detection and classification of hazards on the road such as other cars and pedestrians to prevent vehicle collisions. The research and development will culminate in the candidate building their research into real products that can be offered to our end customers. There will also be opportunities to work on other computer vision based projects such as Augmented Reality, or on our Ground Traffic Control system that allows for the management of fleets of vehicles.
The candidate will be involved in the entire product lifecycle: requirements capture, prototype, develop, deploy and support.
This may include some travel abroad for short durations to visit customer sites and provide training and support for the new products that the candidate will develop. For the development of sensor technology, the candidate will also be required to spend some time track testing the products using our driverless robotic equipment.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Programming languages: Python, C/C++, TensorFlow/Keras
- Knowledge areas: computer vision, sensor processing (Lidar, Radar), artificial intelligence, deep learning, machine learning, Linux
- Education: A Master’s/PhD in Computer Science with emphasis on computer vision techniques that apply to robotics, or a Masters/PhD in other STEM subjects but with good knowledge and expertise in computer vision through prior work experience
- Can work with robot hardware as well as software
- Can work independently and set own research and development agenda and goals
- Can learn and quickly adapt to new technologies, programming languages and concepts
- Enthusiasm for solving complex problems using software
- Willingness to travel abroad for work for short durations
- Comfortable interacting with end customers to understand requirements and provide support
- Can drive cars or is willing to learn for the purposes of track testing AB Dynamics products
- Programming languages: MATLAB
- Knowledge areas: Augmented reality, data fusion, inertial navigation, Kalman filtering, real-time embedded device programming, digital electronics, control systems (PID), vehicle dynamics, complex systems, and systems engineering
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com