We are looking for an experienced System & Requirements Engineer with a desire to make their mark within a rapidly growing start-up business unit within an established PLC company.
The unit’s mission is to drive the expansion of AB Dynamics’ world-leading solutions into new markets both in the UK and internationally.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Systems Engineer will support new retrofit autonomy vehicle programs with a focus on the Materials handling, Defence and Agriculture sectors.
The role would suit a proactive and versatile systems engineer, test engineer or validation engineer who thrives in a fast-paced product development environment and enjoys taking initiative.
This role will form an important part of the core Engineering Team and you will work closely with the Business Development Team to provide technical knowledge and feasibility evaluations to customer enquiries. You will support technically from testing and fault finding, and thereafter with commissioning and integration.
This is a wide-ranging role and as a system engineer you will be expected to have hands-on experience within different engineering disciplines that includes Software, Embedded Software, Mechanical, Electronics, Robotics, and Mechatronics.
Working within a new start-up entity with the AB Dynamics Group the breadth and depth of this role will develop as the business grows offering fantastic personal development opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for review and concurrence of systems requirements for the supply of automation assets or changes to automation assets
- Generate, derive, and manage system documentation and requirements
- Extensive knowledge in systems design engineering processes who can apply V Model, requirements capturing / setting, requirements definition and the development of technical specifications
- Analyse the risk associated with changes to system level design and derive actions to verify these changes
- Verify system design via system analysis tools such as DFMEA and FTA
- Support generation of test strategy, test plans & test documentation
- Planning/preparation of integration/test environment, including facilities, test equipment (custom/ COTS), tools & test/simulation software
- Support system integration and test activities, working closely with hardware, software & firmware teams to achieve project milestones/deliverables
- Provide oversight and supervision of different engineering disciplines during design, integration, and test
- Support the creation of bespoke test environments and robust test rigs (software, hardware, or combination of both) to enable execution of the test protocols with a high degree of repeatability
- Support Hardware, Software-in-the-Loop testing, and test trials
- Provide clear documentation of equipment design, specification, analyses, test plans and test reports ensuring compliance with appropriate quality standards
- Create and maintain traceability between system architecture and system requirements
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of industry experience working i.e. system and test engineering
- Bachelors or Master’s in electronics, mechanics, mechatronics or equivalent
- Proven track record of working as a systems engineer developing requirements.
- Professional experience in product design, integration, testing and deployment
- Knowledge of systems engineering and functional safety with a good understanding of requirement capture, documentation, and verification
- Exposure to various aspects of the product development cycle (e.g. analysis, design, development, test, validation) and able to take products into manufacture
- Experience with requirement software i.e. DOORS or equivalent
- Understanding of engineering within the MOD’s procurement framework, Knowledge In Defence (KID)
- Industry-wide systems engineering processes such as ISO 15288, SEBoK, and understanding of Systems Functional Safety and defence standards such as ISO26262, IEC 61508 and/or Def Stan 055
- Experience in working to additional standards such as DEF Stan 00-056, 00-055, 00-051, and MIL-STD-882E similar is highly desirable
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines, work autonomously and as part of a team and who is eager to solve complex technical challenges
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent creative and strategic thinking capabilities
- Able to interface & network across the company, including international locations and customers.
- Security cleared or able to achieve SC vetting
We are an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at the AB Dynamics Group. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter telling us why you feel like you would make a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org