Product Quality Testing (PLATO)
Leading-edge NVH product testing technology with a worldwide reputation for delivering meaningful results day-in, day-out.
AB Dynamics has over 30-years of experience designing, deploying and supporting production testing systems where noise/vibration measurements (or signatures) are used as primary indicators of product quality.
Our supply model is based on:
- Advice – on test machine design, sensor choice and location, data capture and analysis options
- Product – feature-rich and robust application software
- Services – software set-up, test proving, training
- Support – ongoing assistance for new test set-up, result interpretation, fault-finding etc.
We are best known for providing highly responsive end-of-line (EOL) test systems, but our systems also meet requirements in the following areas:
- In-process test
- Audit test
- In-vehicle test
- Exterior (pass-by) noise diagnostics
- Durability (endurance) monitoring
- R&D/Product development
- Axles (front/rear, independently-suspended, beam, with/without tubes, with/without drive-shafts)
- Transmissions (manual, automatic, automated manual, dual-clutch, CVT)
- Transfer cases (4x4, SUV, commercial vehicle)
- PTUs (power take-off units)
- Differential units (4x4 front-rear)
- Engines ('cold' & 'hot')
- Power-steering (hydraulic, electro-hydraulic, electric)
- Rolling-element bearings
- Pumps & compressor
For machine-based testing, we work with test machine providers worldwide to integrate our systems into fully-automated test facilities. Please contact us if you’re searching for a test machine supplier.
PLATO – core NVH Measurement & Analysis Software
PLATO software forms the highly-configurable core platform for all our NVH test solutions. It:
- structures your resources
- defines test profiles/sequences
- configures data capture and analysis
- orchestrates results storage
Real-time analysis in production test mode
Swap PLATO into production test mode and it waits to receive information on the product to be tested before automatically sequencing through a test schedule defined specifically for the product model being tested.
Integrated data capture and real-time parallel processing ensures that results are available as the test progresses.
OPC (software) handshaking with test machine controllers (PLCs, PCs etc.) is a standard feature.
We can recommend and supply the measurement and analysis hardware, but many customers, including machine builders, opt to source this hardware themselves to reduce costs.
- Sensors, cables, powering/conditioning
- Data acquisition ('DAQ') hardware (all our systems use National Instruments™ (NI) DAQ-hardware, readily available worldwide. Click here to view a list of supported NI DAQ-hardware)
- Computers (for test stations and servers for data storage)
Core PLATO features:
- Multi-channel hardware/software system solution
- Automation with test machine controllers
- Intuitive graphical set-up
- Precision order-locked analysis, using a product shaft speed reference signal to synchronise data acquisition to exact shaft speed
- Automated data capture and processing environment in addition to in-depth interactive graphing/reporting
- Expected order and unexpected ('ghost') order grading/comparison metrics
- Pass/fail and pinpoint diagnostics
- High-accuracy correlations (machine based testing to in-vehicle assessments)
Add-on sub products
Extend the capabilities of your PLATO system by selecting one or more of the available add-on sub products.