rFpro is a simulation environment for the automotive and motorsport industries. It is used for the development and testing of autonomous vehicles, ADAS, vehicle dynamics and human factor studies - essentially anything that involves driving a vehicle.
rfpro’ s automotive customers are the world’s largest car manufacturers, tier one suppliers and sensor developers. We enable them to simulate, develop and test new sensors, control systems and vehicle hardware systems, safely and efficiently in a virtual environment.
In motorsport we are the market leader of professional driver-in-the-loop simulator software. The champions of every leading professional motorsport category are our customers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Managing the rFpro Applications Development Team in the continuous development of high-quality applications software to meet evolving customer requirements. The role will be accountable for the technical solution, its quality and delivery to schedule. It will involve contributing to the successful management of projects including planning, managing, and reporting progress as well as collaboration with other departments. The role will include time in coding, identifying, and resolving technical issues in addition to management responsibilities.
- Managing and taking responsibility for the performance of the Applications Development Team in delivering high quality software in accordance with agreed specifications and timeframes.
- Contributing to the planning of new features and their incorporation into software release cycles and development sprints.
- Supporting customer proposals and working with the sales team to develop product specifications.
- Providing line management support to Team members and acting as Scrum Master.
- Identifying technical risks and mitigation actions to ensure that tasks, projects and roadmaps are achievable. Ensuring that resources within the Team match business requirements.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience managing technically sophisticated software teams delivering complex software solutions.
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent depth of experience in a technical field.
- Strong understanding of software engineering best practices and the ability to apply this in an entrepreneurial & fast-paced environment.
- Experience of training and developing team members to produce high-quality software. Understanding of cloud-based architecture and, ideally, experience in upscaling desktop applications to SaaS.
- Strong work ethic with the capability to manage multiple work streams.
- Able to understand, simplify and explain subject matter to non-engineers and senior stakeholders.
- Able to advise and influence colleagues to agreed courses of action without direct reporting lines. Willing to travel to company offices, customer sites and exhibitions
With offices in Romsey (UK), Ann Arbor, Michigan (USA) Giessen (Germany) and Shin-Yokohama (Japan) rFpro’s global teams are passionate about their work. They are motivated to share their expertise across the business, contributing to this dynamic industry. Supported by a friendly, progressive, and inclusive culture, individuals benefit from true flexible working, combining remote and office-based locations to enhance productivity. We offer highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays) and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org