As a Buyer you will be responsible for delivering end-to-end supply chain management duties, including demand management, strategic supplier sourcing, contract negotiation and ongoing supplier relationship management. You will be reporting directly to Procurement Manager, but you will be also expected to work alongside respective Project Managers reporting on the progress of the procurement activities.
You will be joining a small and friendly Procurement team based in our HQ in Bradford-on-Avon. This is an opportunity to grow the skills you already have and add real value in an exciting technology-led company.
What will you be doing?
- Assist in demand forecast for the products to meet business needs and to maintain stock at the appropriate levels
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce inventory in line with the organisation’s objectives
- Design a supply solution to meet project requirements and to maximize performance whilst minimizing risk and complexity
- Understand contractual agreements to ensure that the Company's commercial position is best protected and is properly reflected within formal subcontracts and purchase orders
- Liaise with Operational Project Managers to ensure requirements are executed on time and any identified issues are communicated and resolved timely
What are we looking for?
- Experience working in procurement and supply chain function
- Background in an engineering organization
- The ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Continuous improvement mindset, seeks and embraces change by challenging the status quo
- Confident use of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel
Why join us?
We are an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org