ABOUT AB Dynamics
AB Dynamics is one of the world’s leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles.
- Generate accurate and detailed drawings, parts lists, build manuals, etc. for large industrial machinery including electrical & electronic schematics, PCB layout and mechanical drawings.
- Liaising with internal and external sources to asses cost and manufacturing feasibility.
- Prepare and submit comprehensive documentation for Engineering Releases including supporting documentation – engineering calculations, test reports, etc.
- Analysing existing electrical systems and making improvements.
- Work in collaboration with other engineers as part of the design team.
- Support the manufacturing team during production and assembly.
- Support Service, Installation and Commissioning teams.
- Support Customers
- Manage sub-contractors to ensure parts are built to requirements/tolerances/schedule.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree qualified in an Electrical Engineering field.
- A passion for design with good analytical skills and the ability to liaise across engineering disciplines.
- Able to manage multi-work streams and prioritise multiple demands with a flexible approach.
- Willing to undertake occasional travel if required, including internationally.
- Understanding of fundamental Mathematics & Physics.
- Problem Solving / Critical Thinking skills.
- A flexibility to learn and adapt to new ECAD systems.
- Electrical CAD design experience gained in an industrial machinery context.
- Experience of designing control panels, control systems and 3 phase systems to standards such as functional safety BS EN 61508, EMC compatibility, etc...
- Knowledge of CE and UL marking process.
- Motion Control, PLCs, Electrical Machines (Motors and Drives) experience.
- Industrial Electrical (Power and Panel wiring) experience.
- MATLAB and other scripting languages experience.
- PIC or ARM based architecture experience.
- PCB design experience.
- Broad knowledge/awareness/love of technology
- Interest in the Automotive sector.
- Creativity and a determination to succeed are key attributes for this role.
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
We’re an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org