The candidate will be joining the software development team at a graduate level. They will be working with both the larger laboratory-based machines, and the track-based robots. This will initially involve bug-fixes and new features for the existing Windows-based front-end software, written in C#.
There will be tasks emerging to assist development of new applications in C# and in a migration of our current projects from Delphi. The developer will have to remotely support customers on site and be involved in the commissioning of new systems. This could involve remote debugging of problems, solving the problems, issuing rapid solutions. The role will entail working alongside project engineers at our ABD sites, or at the test track.
Required Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of C#.
- Knowledge of WPF, MVVM, SOLID principles beneficial.
- Knowledge of C, Delphi, SQL beneficial.
- Some experience of software development tasks.
- Familiarity with UI/UX design for Windows Desktop applications. Understanding of all aspects of development cycle (requirements, specification, development, debug, testing, release, deployment) – including Git/JIRA/TeamCity or equivalent.
The applicant should:
- be bright and hard-working.
- be dynamic and able to engage fully with a task.
- have an interest and passion for programming.
- have a background interest in engineering. have a mathematical and logical brain.
To apply for the above position, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org