The candidate will be joining the software development team at a graduate level. They will be mainly working with the Advanced Vehicle Driving Simulator (aVDS) but will develop for the track-based robots as necessary. This will initially involve bug-fixes and new features for the existing low-level code, written in C++.
There will be tasks emerging to assist and lead development of new projects in C++. The developer will have to remotely support customers on site and be involved in the commissioning of new systems. This could involve remote debugging of problems, solving the problems, issuing rapid solutions. The role will entail working alongside project engineers at our multiple ABD sites, or at the test track.
Required Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of C++, C.
- Knowledge of SOLID principles beneficial.
- Some experience of software development tasks.
- Understanding of all aspects of development cycle (requirements, specification, development, debug, testing, release, deployment) – including Git/JIRA/TeamCity or equivalent.
The applicant should:
- be bright and hard-working.
- be dynamic and able to engage fully with a task.
- have an interest and passion for programming.
- have a background interest in engineering.
- have a mathematical and logical brain.
To apply for the above position, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org