ABOUT AB DYNAMICS
AB Dynamics is one of the world’s leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role offers the successful candidate ownership of all aspects of the electrical design of the SPMM, ANVH & SSTM within the Lab Test business area and additionally dealing with some aspects of the design of other products. The Lab Test Department supplies large industrial test and R&D machines, our suspension development rig (SPMM) and axle development rig (ANVH) are notable examples.
- Generate accurate and detailed drawings, parts lists, build manuals, etc. for large industrial machinery including electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Liaising with internal and external sources to assess cost and manufacturing feasibility.
- Prepare and submit comprehensive documentation for Engineering Releases including supporting documentation – engineering calculations, test reports, etc.
- Analysing existing electrical systems and making improvements.
- Work in collaboration with other engineers as part of the design team.
- Support the manufacturing team during production and assembly.
- Support Service, Installation and Commissioning teams.
- Support Customers
- Manage sub-contractors to ensure parts are built to requirements/tolerances/schedule.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree qualified in an Electrical Engineering discipline, although exceptional candidates with relevant experience only and/or HND qualifications only will be considered.
- 5-10 years industrial machinery electrical design experience, although exceptional candidates with practical experience and a willingness to learn design will be considered.
- Ability to undertake all regulatory compliance including risk assessments, LVD, EMC, etc.
- Ability to generate and complete all installation documentation and sign-off.
- Ability to undertake complex motor/amplifier/drive calculations, selection, and programming.
- Ability to undertake complex safety circuit calculations and design.
- Ability to undertake complex functional control circuit calculations and design.
- A passion for design with good analytical skills and the ability to liaise across engineering disciplines. Creativity and a determination to succeed are key attributes for this role.
- Able to manage multi-work streams and prioritize multiple demands with a flexible approach.
- Willing to undertake occasional travel if required, including internationally.
- Understanding of fundamental Mathematics & Physics.
- Problem Solving / Critical Thinking skills.
- A flexibility and a desire to learn and adapt to new ECAD systems.
- Electrical CAD design experience gained in an industrial machinery context highly desirable.
- Experience of designing control panels, control systems and 3 phase systems to standards such as functional safety BS EN 61508, EMC compatibility, etc. is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of CE and UL marking process highly desirable.
- Knowledge of SRP/CS performance level calculations highly desirable.
- Motion Control, PLCs, Electrical Machines (Motors and Drives) experience highly desirable.
- Industrial Electrical (Power and Panel wiring) experience highly desirable. Broad knowledge/awareness/love of technology. Interest in Automotive sector desirable.
We’re an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com