Our products use precision servo-controlled actuators, real-time motion controllers, and advanced data acquisition systems to enable customers to characterize vehicles and their sub system properties (for example suspension and steering systems).
The varied role will be predominantly development focused. Working closely with design, applications and software teams, this could include work to expand the suite of products, models (steering, vehicle, tyre), HiLs or ADAS/autonomous testing. The writing of specifications to define these developments will be required as will testing the resulting software and hardware.
The role would include customer facing activities. The successful candidate would work closely with the order fulfilment team to hand over new developments to them and to offer expertise to the team as required to assist in customer support issues.
Some foreign travel may be required to assist the Order Fulfilment team in the installation and calibration of equipment at customer research and development facilities and customer training.
A driving license would be beneficial.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate with an engineering degree or an individual having an equivalent HND course coupled with appropriate industrial experience. The role would also be well suited to an individual with a number of years of post-qualification experience.
On the job training will be given as required.
- Good communication skills
- A creative, analytical mind with the ability to troubleshoot complex systems
- A can-do attitude
- Drive to work both individually and as part of a team
- Practical skills
- Matlab/Simulink, C++
- Experience of Electrical systems and closed loop control of servo motors including EtherCat
- Experience of vehicle models such as CarMaker, CarSim, SimPack, Adams etc
- Prior experience in a vehicle dynamics, simulator or product development