We are looking for an experienced Project Manager with a desire to make their mark within a rapidly growing start-up business unit within an established PLC company.
The unit's mission is to drive the expansion of AB Dynamics' world-leading solutions into new markets both in the UK and internationally.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Project Manager will deliver new retrofit autonomy vehicle programs with a focus on the Materials handling, Defence and Agriculture sectors.
The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring efficient planning, execution, and delivery of assigned projects with complete accountability for ensuring on-time and budget delivery to the required quality levels.
The project manager will be the main point of contact for all the communication and planning for assigned projects. Working within a new start-up entity with the AB Dynamics Group the breadth and depth of this role will develop as the business grows offering fantastic personal development opportunities.
- Work with Technical team to define project activities and schedules.
- Engage with all stakeholders to verify and validate key understanding of the project scope, ensuring that you have thorough understanding of the contractual requirements of each project.
- Detail project plans with key milestones and project review meetings and provide clear communication to internal teams and customers, considering, design cycles procurement lead times, assembly, test, and shipping/ logistics.
- Monitor, report and manage the project budget, identifying and taking actions to avoid any negative impact to the declared profit margin.
- Ensure project plans are harmonized with other business systems e.g. MRP system to develop predictive activities such as procurement of long lead times. This includes capturing any scope creep and working with the BD team to evaluate potential variations.
- Hold and chair regular project review meetings and will lead bids, negotiations, risk mitigation, conflict resolution and trade-off discussions
- Run Start-up meetings, daily stand-ups, monthly project reviews, Contract Status Reviews (CSR’s) and Gate Reviews with the team, ensuring full involvement and support of all service providers and independents as required. Demonstrate a clear overview of progress, risk, issues, and readiness at reviews with clear and accurate signed off minutes issued, and all actions logged/progressed through central action logs.
- Ensure that project non-conformances are regularly reviewed and have a plan for closure in a timely manner.
- Ensure the manufacturing costs for new products are defined and manage the engineering activity to ensure targets are met. Work closely with cross functional engineering design teams including electronics, mechanical, software in a matrix organisation.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- 3- 5 years’ experience as Project Manager delivering complex projects within manufacturing industry, with emphasis on autonomous systems with applied robotics.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualification) in Engineering or related field in robotics, mechatronics, autonomous systems, electronics or mechanical engineering.
- Affinity with high-tech autonomous product development, where integration of software (motion control, vision), sensor (LIDAR, RADAR) and hardware (mechanics) play a role.
- Experience working within any of the automotive, defence, agriculture, materials handling or general software industries desirable.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams in a project delivery (life cycle management, New Product Development, Stage Gate development).
- Excellent knowledge ERP/MRP systems and competent in use of MS project or other project management tools.
- Proven experience leading overall end-to-end project delivery including resources, Capital Expenditure (CAPEX), schedule and vendor management.
- Credible and pragmatic understanding of agile and waterfall methodologies using software (including Gantt, and project management software). Understanding of DFM, NPI, 8D and 6-sigma with experience in bid preparation, design reviews and presenting progress to senior management and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, communication and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines and work autonomously and as part of a Team.
- Ability to manage performance and resolve conflict.
- Able to manage multi-work streams.
- Able to interface & network across the Company, including international locations and customers.
- Ability to building trust with clients and commitment to exceptional client experience.
- Ability to work independently and maintain composure under pressure. Security cleared or able to achieve SC vetting.
We are an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com