Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and deliver NPI projects ensuring time, cost and quality targets are achieved.
- Manage project priorities and overall project schedule.
- Ensure assigned project resources are managed and directed to meet the project objectives.
- Interface with other areas of functional expertise inc software, electrical and mechanical design, manufacturing and finance.
- Act as a catalyst to resolve project problems and conflicts, escalating when necessary.
- To proactively communicate status and performance to all stakeholders.
- Responsible for identifying, monitoring and managing risk and change.
- Support the ongoing development of Project Management procedures. Willing to travel if required, including internationally
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Proven track record with at least 2-3 years relevant experience of managing and successfully delivering complex development projects.
- Degree qualified in Engineering, Manufacturing, Project Management or another similar field. (ideally Masters).
- Recognised Project Management qualification (PRINCE2, APM or equivalent experience)
- Experience required in the following: Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project or similar tool, ERP systems
- Strong leadership with good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to advise and influence at all levels.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise own workload.
- History of key decision making and encouraging change particularly despite resistance.
- Able to interface & network across the Company, including international locations
- Commercially astute with experience of managing 3rd Party Suppliers
- Broad knowledge/awareness/love of technology. Automotive interest desirable, but not essential. Experience of “industry best practice” but able to apply this in an SME, entrepreneurial & fast paced environment.