rFpro provide driving simulation solutions for motorsport and automotive vehicle dynamics, ADAS and autonomous development and testing. Our software and digital road models are being used by most of the world’s largest automotive vehicle manufacturers and suppliers to virtualise their testing.
rFpro is the market leader in professional motorsport, supporting teams and manufacturers in Formula 1, NASCAR, Indy, IMSA, Formula E, WEC, Super GT, Australian Supercars and more.
We have an opportunity for a motorsport customer manager with three or more years’ experience supporting technical products in the motorsport industry, ideally in simulation or model-based engineering. Experience of working inside leading motorsport teams or their suppliers would be advantageous but not essential for the right candidate.
We are looking for a highly personable, diligent, and technically capable new member of our team who will take responsibility for the customer-facing aspects of our motorsport business and motorsport products ownership. This includes supporting our partners and customers in understanding the benefits and features of rFpro as well as planning the production and maintenance of our library of digital circuit models. It’s essential to ensure our customers’ changing requirements are met on a constant basis.
This role offers the opportunity to work for an established business, highly respected by its customers and committed to investment in R&D to maintain our position as leaders in the field of driving simulation. The role can be home-based or located in one of our offices in Romsey (UK), Wixom (MI, USA), Giessen (Germany) or Shin-Yokohama (Japan). The majority of our motorsport customers are based in UK, Europe and the USA – with a smaller number, but of equal importance, in Japan and Australia.
- Customer account responsibility for all Motorsports customers worldwide with expectation to regularly meet with and understand their requirements leading to new sales opportunities and orders
- Generate and develop new sales leads into opportunities and then orders with our customers and worldwide partners. This may include managing product evaluations and trials – agreeing evaluation criteria and highlighting key areas of value for our products
- Financial management and reporting of motorsport sales opportunities and motorsport related digital track model development projects.
- Working with track facilities owners and LiDAR scanning companies to agree track access, licencing fees, scanning dates, logistics and data delivery to rFpro for the development of digital track models
- Working with our internal Content Development team to prioritise the development of new digital track models, based on up-to-date requirements gathered from our customers and partners
- Working with our internal Software Development team to prioritise the development of new features in our products, based on listening to our customers’ and partners’ needs
- Learn and understand the rFpro software product & digital content library, remain competent and keep up to date on new features and additions
- Ensure that our customers and partners understand the features and benefits of rFpro solutions for the simulated development and testing of racing cars and bikes.
- Preparing and delivering product presentations and demonstrations at both small customer meetings and to larger audiences at public and private event as well as online meetings
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A desire to be in a customer facing role
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels within customers, suppliers and internally
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and demonstration skills
- At least three years of experience in a technical or project management role with proven ability to manage multiple diverse tasks in a fast-paced environment
- A strong understanding of the motorsport industry with a thorough knowledge of the day-to-day testing requirements of motorsport engineering teams.
- Ability to communicate with key suppliers, such as track facilities owners and LiDAR scanning companies, to negotiate and finalise mutually beneficial agreements
- Experience of financial estimation, control & reporting of project costs.
- Simulation or model-based engineering in a motorsport context
- Digital model creation process for driving simulations
- Digital rights licencing agreements
- Customer-facing, sales, and customer management roles, including the use of CRM systems
- Self-motivation, diligence, initiative, and a high drive to succeed
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to travel to visit client and partner sites worldwide when appropriate
With offices in Romsey (UK), Ann Arbor, Michigan (USA) Giessen (Germany) and Shin-Yokohama (Japan) rFpro’s global teams are passionate about their work. They are motivated to share their expertise across the business, contributing to this dynamic industry. Supported by a friendly, progressive and inclusive culture, individuals benefit from true flexible working, combining remote and office-based locations to enhance productivity. We offer highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and company pension contributions.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org