ABOUT AB Dynamics
AB Dynamics is one of the world’s leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Specialist will have at their disposal the full support and offerings of Dynamic Research Incorporated (DRI), a wholly owned subsidiary of AB Dynamics. DRI is a leading resource for vehicle testing, simulation, human factors & ergonomics and biomechanics. DRI, headquartered in Torrance, CA also operates a vehicle proving ground in the Bakersfield, CA area.
The candidate is expected to be responsible for independently developing sales leads as well as engaging sales leads generated by AB Dynamics/DRI Marketing and their Business Development teams and driving interest through expert engagement and product demonstrations from first contact through proposal development stages and close of purchase order. The AB Dynamics/DRI engineering and support teams will commission newly delivered equipment, train users and technically support the products after sale.
- Lead the sales process for all AB Dynamics and DRI product and services, focusing on the Western USA.
- Conversion of sales opportunities through to quotes and close of sale.
- Work closely with the US sales office and sales partners to engage with potential customers and build confidence in our offerings.
- Organise and lead sales demonstrations to customers in collaboration with the various ABD and DRI business groups.
- Work with marketing to develop promotional content and messaging for the various product groups that are specific to the markets and sales territory covered.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A technical background – most likely an engineering degree.
- At least 5 years of experience in automotive R&D and business development/sales.
- Some exposure to vehicle dynamics, track based testing, lab-based testing and simulation environments a further asset.
- High level of technical credibility. This role will be key in generating orders for multi-million-dollar machines and systems. The qualified candidate will possess a demonstrated ability to engage persuasively with potential customers.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and ability to build a rapport.
- Commercial awareness.
- Able to organise and convey technical information accurately and succinctly.
- A good listener, able to understand and respond to the customer’s requirements. Willingness and ability to travel overseas
We’re an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, and attractive benefits package.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org