ABOUT AB DYNAMICS
AB Dynamics is one of the world’s leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles
Direct management of our small Holt Road facility housing 20-30 people, with responsibility for overseeing all related day-to-day activities.
Areas of responsibility will include Health & Safety, Quality, Manufacturing, Facilities (Security and Maintenance), People and Inventory. Where appropriate, these responsibilities will be executed collaboratively alongside Operational and Business Leadership Heads. Proactively coordinate with other departments to ensure best working practices are evolved and adopted within Operations, with a strong focus on continuous improvement initiatives, both from a top-down and bottom-up approach.
- Look for manufacturing capacity improvements and prepare Capex justification
- Mentor, coach and monitor the activities of Operations Holt Rd personnel to ensure effective performance of job duties
- Work on flexibility of skill sets to cover holidays, absenteeism and other staff shortages
- Motivate an Operations team to achieve set objectives and target setting – reward where appropriate
- Organise training initiatives and develop a skills matrix to enhance personnel job skill and knowledge
- Ensure Quality process/inspections are carried out to ensure manufacturing equipment is operational, efficient and safe
- Ensure manufacturing complies with established quality control specifications, standards and build manuals/instruction where applicable
- Ensure manufacturing and production personnel comply with set health and safety policies when carrying out job duties
- Work closely with Engineering to support NPD and R&D projects, ensuring a smooth transition into manufacturing
- Support company quality process (NCR, CAPA, 8D, ERP)
- Oversee the planning and organisation of Manufacturing processes and ensure availability of necessary material, equipment, and labor resources are available.
- On Time Delivery
- GST and LaunchPad lead-times
- Prepare and control budget requirements where necessary for monthly Operational spends
- Facilitate maintenance, repair or replacement of site and equipment
- Facilitate Security requirements
- Work with Procurement to oversee the selection and procurement of manufacturing raw materials / brought in items – look for improvements around inventory, MSL etc Improvements to ensure a cost-effective and high-quality manufacturing service.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Black or Green Six Sigma qualifications or an solid understanding of lean principles and continuous improvement
- Leadership & Management qualification or qualified by experience
- Strong sense of responsibility and self-motivation
- Good MS Office skills, particularly Excel and Word
- Able to manage and prioritise multiple demands to agreed timescales under pressure.
- Able to work within a team or independently with minimum supervision.
- Commitment to high levels of customer satisfaction with internal and external stakeholders
- Commitment to a high level of personal performance
- Logical problem solver, self-motivated and demonstrates the right attitudes and behaviours.
- Excellent communication skills with a customer orientated 'can do, will do' attitude.
- Good Microsoft 365 skills
- Strong team player and have “a can-do attitude”.
- Flexible approach
- Good personal presence
We’re an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org