We are looking to centralise our team of Systems Engineers developing our real-time control code. This position will be responsible for the support and development of our laboratory test machines – initially our Suspension Parameter Measurement Machine (SPMM). The SPMM uses precision servo-controlled actuators, real-time motion controllers, and advanced data acquisition systems to enable customers to characterise vehicles and their sub system properties.
The candidate will be required to work closely with our laboratory test systems group to improve and develop existing controller architecture, as well as provide assistance in worldwide customer support. They will also be expected to be hands-on in the use of the machines – to allow effective code understanding.
The role may include some travel abroad to customer sites to aid in commissioning of systems or introduction of new features/products developed.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree engineering, with an interest in control software
- Experience in mechanical engineering - Can work with controller hardware as well as software
- Can learn and adapt quickly to new technologies, programming languages and concepts
- Willingness to travel abroad to work for short duration
- Can interact with end customers to understand requirements and provide support
- Knowledge of programming languages: C, Python, MATLAB
- Knowledge of control systems (PID), ECAT, CAN
- Knowledge of operating systems: Linux (Debian/Ubuntu), Windows
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics, systems engineering, graphs/networks
- Driving license
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org