- Salary: £50-60k experience dependant
- Hybrid working pattern
We are looking for an experienced B2B sales professional to own the relationship with the company’s international network of sales channels (comprising subsidiary offices, agents, and distributors) and work with them to maximise sales revenue and margin. You will be responsible for managing the internal sales team and own the lead-to-order pipeline, ensuring that all sales opportunities are properly handled and recorded.
Reporting to the commercial director you will work closely with the business development team forging strong relationships with the sales channels, working with them to deliver the business’s overarching sales strategies, increasing end-customer engagement, and encouraging sales behaviours to deliver more business for the company.
What will you be doing?
(Pick the top 5 key/priority responsibilities from the job description)
- Developing and delivering strategies to improve sales channel engagement and proactive sales activity, increasing their performance, to enable the delivery of increased sales
- Building strong relationships with the sales channels; to motivate and upskill their sales teams to be able to sell high-value high-tech products
- Managing the internal sales team (which deals directly with customers in territories without local channels), ensuring that the business expectations for timing and accuracy are met in preparing quotes and processing orders.
- Researching and approaching further suitable sales channels, assessing their potential value and propose to the management team
- Ensure that sales channels provide regular, accurate sales pipeline data and manage the input of this data to the CRM to allow sales forecasting to be prepared for the management team
- Regular contact (remote and face-to-face) with all sales channels, ensuring that their voices are heard by the business, such that it provides the knowledge, collateral and support needed for the channels to deliver the maximum possible sales
What are we looking for?
(Pick the top 5 key/priority qualifications, knowledge, and experience from the job description)
- Experienced in sales on a global basis; aware of cultural differences and able to communicate well and build strong working relationships with people from different backgrounds
- A proven ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve success
- Enthusiasm for overseas travel – will be expected to travel to meet our sales channels on a regular basis
- Strong commercial and strategic awareness; a creative source of ideas for improving channel performance
- IT literate; able to learn new systems quickly and effectively. Effective user of MS Office (especially Excel).
- Analytical ability – able to make effective use of data