ABOUT AB DYNAMICS
AB Dynamics is one of the world’s leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be responsible for maintaining a pricing strategy for products which is market-competitive and delivers the required profitability. Working with the internal sales team and technical leads to ensure that RFQs and RFIs are handled promptly and effectively. Analysis of contracts (with legal support) to ensure they are acceptable to the company. Provision of sales strategy for New Product Development process.
- Understands the market for our lab and simulation products and the competition they face;
- Maintains a product price list allowing the internal sales team to prepare pricing and quotes for standard products;
- Liaises with project management and finance teams to stay abreast of costs and profitability of lab test and simulation product offering
- Ensures that our pricing is competitive and provides the required profitability, taking into account variation in costs, commission payable to sales channels, and the need for strategic pricing when required.
- Collaborates closely with the marketing department and technical leads to ensure that the products are promoted appropriately and that sufficient leads are generated.
- Collaborates with the sales and business development team and our overseas sales channels to find opportunities and leads;
- Responsible for the timely and accurate response to customer RFIs and RFQs, working with the relevant technical leads for our existing products;
- Responds to bespoke customer requests such as rig upgrades, relocation, having prepared a suitable pricing and timescale;
- Works with in-house legal, the sales director and others to negotiate contractual terms with customers and ensure that sales contracts can be signed promptly, ensuring that the final terms are acceptable to the company;
- After a contract is signed, ensures (with the internal sales team) that order confirmation is complete, budgets created and jobs set up, facilitating a smooth hand-over to the project management team.
New Product Development
- Where opportunities are found or enquiries received for new products, liaises with customers, engineering and the business unit director (and others) to explore the viability of these;
- Generation of commercial and technical proposals to submit to the customer, developed with input from relevant stakeholders from engineering, the business unit and elsewhere
- Creation and submission of sales strategy for new products in time for gate reviews under the New Product Development process
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- High level of professional credibility – will involve managing and negotiating sales of multi-million pound machines, and the right candidate will be able to engage persuasively with potential customers
- Experience negotiating complex sales contracts, familiarity with typical terms and potential pitfalls
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and ability to build a rapport
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a commercial role selling high-value capital equipment
- Willing to travel internationally
- Able to manage multiple concurrent projects and meet firm deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to interface with staff across all areas and levels within the company.
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Technical education or demonstrable prior experience in a technical role
- Qualification in contract law
We’re an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com