Reporting to the Technical Director, you will be responsible for all aspects of new and continuous product development mechanical design, managing design engineers and liaising with contractors and manufacturers. You will work collaboratively with other engineers and creative people, responsible for transforming engineering concepts into complete functioning products.
What will you be doing?
- Owning the design from concept to final product.
- CAD designing all components and assemblies, producing drawings for either internal and/or external manufacture.
- Liaising and collaborating with suppliers, contractors and engineers developing innovative, robust and low production cost parts without compromising on performance.
- Using hand calculations and/or FEA to analyse parts through the development process, backed up with proof-of-concept testing, characterisation and validation.
- Analysing test results, summarising and communicating these to the technical and project planning team.
What are we looking for?
- Engineering degree in a relevant subject, typically Mechanical/Motorsport/Automotive/Design.
- Significant technical experience within a mechanical design role in a rapid pace R&D environment
- Experience and knowledge of finite element analysis (preferably within NX) or experience in manual stress analysis.
- Understanding and knowledge of industry best practice within design and testing; able to demonstrate a pragmatic approach to applying these principles within a start-up environment.
- CAD skills; able to produce complex mechanical component and assembly drawings.
- Experience in a rapid prototype design to manufacture environment such as motorsport is essential.
Why join us?
We are an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com