As part of the Engineering Team, the Electrical and Electronic design function play a core role across the majority of our product portfolio, both in supporting the evolution of existing technology and the development of new products across our automotive test equipment business, which includes robotics for driverless vehicle systems and Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) platforms. We are looking for an experienced Electrical/Electronics engineer to lead the Electrical and Electronics function, and drive the continuous improvement we are investing in, across our processes, toolsets and products. This role will include technical lead and sign off, resource management, staff welfare, and strategic direction of our capabilities along with applying the correct level of rigour and robustness to the output of the team.
What will you be doing?
- Departmental leadership to deliver design programmes on time, cost and to required quality
- Being accountable for the delivery of Electrical and Electronics designs to the required safety standards
- Having responsibility for delivery of Electrical and Electronic design programmes to the gated ABD Project Delivery Process
- Be responsible for Technical Excellence of the department, ensuring skills, capability and processes are in place
- Leading best practice and performance delivery, including continuous development of processes and tools to meet world class standards
What are we looking for?
- Proven track record of senior leadership within electrical engineering
- Experience in Systems Engineering Methodology and Processes
- Significant experience in Electrical, Electronics development to drive innovation and robustness into the product development phase
- Evidence of project delivery from Concept to Launch
- Drive for high performance, takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks, and uncertainties
Why join us?
We are an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To discover why we’re a great place to work, send us your CV outlining how your innovative and inquisitive personality would make you a good fit in the world of autonomous vehicle technology - email@example.com