The right candidate will need to be analytical, well organised and excel in communication. They need to effectively and proactively work with other departments, ensuring good working practices and look at ways of improving the current processes and procedures. The goal is to ensure that the shipping processes are running smoothly and effectively.
- Oversee the day-to-day shipping operation, ensuring work is completed effectively and in a timely manner. E.g. Prepare appropriate shipping documents, book couriers, document booking information from freight forwarder collections, dangerous goods, tracking, customs clearance, Inward Processing Relief (IPR), record keeping, C88 documents, Letter of Credits and manage/retain all important documents and other general office duties.
- Ensure full compliance of the regulations governing the movement of goods, ensuring that all legal requirements are investigated as well as conducting periodic reviews of the procedures to be certain that they are current and are within applicable legal requirements.
- Stay abreast with the changes in export laws and regulations that impact on the operations of the Company.
- Work within the Companies processes and procedures ensuring compliance to the quality management system.
- Adhere to Company Health & Safety Policy and Procedure
- Support with general administration and filing of departmental information including processing of requests/generating shipping documents
- Report to management on activities and issues
- Build and maintain professional relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Using leadership skills, supervise and motivate the team and review individual performance.
- Maintain and develop the correct skill levels and plan in skill shortages / succession.
- Identify shipping issues and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Look to implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Responsibility for leading shipping meetings and flagging issues that might occur