Please note this is an 18-month, fixed term contract.
The role requires the candidate to be heavily involved in:
- The organisation of new robot and LaunchPad orders (including special, priority orders)
- Maintaining and updating the robot capacity plan ensuring working capacity is not exceeded
- Reviewing the robot delivery schedule and increase capacity where possible in order to maximise output
- Be responsible for manufacturing technical build lists
- Will be involved in a small amount of specific project management across different business areas
Organisation of new orders:
- Liaising with Sales to understand the expectations on Manufacturing from a future forecasting and a ‘special order’ perspective (i.e. high priority orders which have hard deadlines or penalty clauses)
- Liaising with all production departments to understand current internal lead times
- Reviewing the delivery schedule for accuracy and correct ‘build slot’ allocation
- Assigning outsourced builds to new orders where possible
Maintaining and updating the capacity plan:
- The capacity plan is driven from an internally developed resource planning tool and it’s important that this is kept up to date so that there is clear visibility within manufacturing of what we can and can’t achieve
Creation of technical build lists:
- This is of imperative importance to production as this provides the work instructions to the relevant departments
- This requires a large amount of cross checking and reviewing against master data in order to confirm accuracy
- Liaise with production departments if unsure of parts compatibility
Operations related administrative tasks:
- Updating KPI boards
- Compiling minutes from Operations meetings
- Archiving production build information
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Gained experience in a technical administration environment
- GCSE Grade C (Level 4) or equivalent qualifications in English and Maths as a minimum
- Conversant with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel (intermediate level plus), PowerPoint and Word
- Worked in an engineering company/environment
- Has a basic knowledge of key engineering topics (Electrical and Mechanical)
- Been involved in project management
The successful candidate will need to be flexible in thought and think outside the box in order to achieve production expectations, but be strong enough to communicate realistic lead times.
Accuracy of work is of the utmost importance as inaccuracies can cause significant delays to production.
Good time keeping, enthusiasm, professionalism and a can-do attitude are a must.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org