Location: Bristol/Bath/South West (Hybrid)
Our mission is to accelerate the transition to autonomy by providing retrofit solutions that enable the automation of conventional vehicle fleets rapidly and cost-effectively. Leveraging the capabilities of the AB Dynamics Group, ABD Solutions has access to a global network of simulation, testing, and autonomy capabilities, which we use to address the autonomy challenges of the materials handling, defence, mining and agriculture industries.
We are looking for a Senior Mechatronics Engineer to work within a team developing novel autonomous vehicle control systems for the off-highway and defence markets. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will design robots to control a diverse range of autonomous vehicles. You will work within a fast-paced development team, applying strong technical knowledge, hands-on problem solving to novel engineering challenges. You shall rapidly learn and develop your engineering knowledge, working with technical and subject matter experts in adjacent fields.
What will you be doing?
- Design, develop and test mechanical, electrical, electronic, and electromechanical robots for autonomous driverless products.
- Develop mechatronic validation and verification tests and undertake testing of new and existing products.
- Perform hazard analysis and risk assessments, FMEA and PFD analyses.
- Collaborate with an inter-disciplinary team of engineers to design novel, innovative products.
What are we looking for?
- 2 years of industrial experience designing mechatronic systems for commercial or automotive products, or industrial machinery.
- Bachelor's or Master’s in Mechatronics engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in robotics, electro/mechanical systems, industrial automation system.
Why join us?
We are an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at ABD Solutions. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org