The candidate will be slotting into the software development team at a senior level. They will mostly be working with the track-based robots, but will develop for the larger laboratory-based machines as necessary.
There are a number of rewrites of our existing large-scale Delphi applications to C#, and a number of new projects to start and manage which will be written in C#.
The senior developer will have to remotely support customers on site and be involved in the commissioning of new systems if necessary. This could involve remote debugging, solving problems, and issuing rapid solutions. The role will entail working alongside project engineers at our ABD sites, or at the test track, but it could involve international travel to customer sites. The senior developer will also take on the responsibility of mentoring and assisting other developers.
Required Skills & Experience
- Good knowledge of C# - including WPF, MVVM, SOLID principles
- Knowledge of C, Delphi, SQL beneficial
- About 5 years’ experience in a programming role
- Grasp of UI/UX design for Windows Desktop applications
- Familiarity with all aspects of development cycle (requirements, specification, development, debug, testing, release, deployment) – including Git/JIRA/TeamCity or equivalent
- Exposure to larger C# projects to help migration. Experience of structuring/planning a non-trivial solution
- Some embedded and Linux experience Confidence to interact with our global customer base
The applicant should:
- be bright and hard-working
- be dynamic and able to make operational decisions
- have an interest and passion for programming
- have a background interest in engineering have a mathematical and logical brain
If you wish to apply for the above position, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org