ABOUT AB DYNAMICS
AB Dynamics is one of the world’s leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles.
The right candidate will need to be analytical, well organized, and excel in communication. This is a hands-on role and they need to work with other departments, ensuring good working practices as well as looking at ways of improving the current processes and procedures effectively and proactively. The goal is to ensure that the shipping processes are running smoothly and effectively in line with business needs and shipping industry regulations.
- Oversee the day-to-day shipping operation, ensuring work is completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Prepare appropriate shipping documents and manage: - e.g. book couriers, document booking information from freight forwarder collections, dangerous goods, tracking, customs clearance, Inward Processing Relief (IPR), record keeping, C88 documents, Letter of Credits etc.
- Knowledge of shipping industry regulations in relation to HRMC requirements, commodity codes, Import/Export duty and VAT obligations.
- Ensure full compliance of the shipping regulations governing the movement of goods globally, ensuring that all legal requirements are investigated.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the procedures to be certain they are current and within applicable legal requirements.
- Manage/retain all important documents and other general office duties.
- Report to management on activities and issues
- Build and maintain professional relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Look to implement continuous improvement opportunities
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Professional with a wide range of experience with a proven track record in global freight, trade compliance and customs management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Shipping Manager or similar role within the industry
- Strong knowledge of export/logistics processes, export licensing and import/export regulations
- Dynamic and strong leader with a hands-on management approach, motivating and enabling staff
- Experienced within a technical, high growth, medium size company
- Experience of coordinating logistics by sea, air and land
- Proactive and enthusiastic problem solver with track record of initiative, relishes personal responsibility and project ownership
- Exceptional organisational and time-management skills
- Adaptable and effective communicator, presenter and negotiator
- Reputation for being practical, tenacious and making things happen
- Adhere to company QHSE policies and procedure
- Relevant qualifications in/some of the following:
- Previous experience of working in an Engineering manufacturing environment
- Ability to, and experience of, leading and developing a small shipping team
- Strategic planner with long term vision
- An understanding of lean principles and continuous improvement
- Knowledge and experience working with ERP
- Experience working with ISO9001 and 14001 environmental standards
We are an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com