rFpro is a simulation environment for the automotive and motorsport industries. It is used for the development and testing of autonomous vehicles, ADAS, vehicle dynamics and human factor studies – essentially anything that involves driving a vehicle. rFpro’s automotive customers are the world’s largest car manufacturers, tier one suppliers and sensor developers. We enable them to simulate, develop and test new sensors, control systems and vehicle hardware systems, safely and efficiently in a virtual environment.
In motorsport we are the market leader of professional driver-in-the-loop simulator software. The champions of every leading professional motorsport category are our customers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will work as part of the Content Engineering Team along with the Producer, Development Engineers, Support Team, Art Team, Sales and Marketing to ensure the smooth running of all projects.
They will take data delivered in its raw form (LiDAR surveys, CAD data, Photos, Videos etc) and analyse, process and deliver ordered data ready for our Art Team to use.
They will take the 3D models that the Art Team produce and ensure the QA process is followed. They will also produce the engineering grade HD Surfaces.
They will produce additional functional road network descriptions for the public road models to work alongside the graphical and ground surface models.
- In depth processing of LiDAR data sets using in house written scripts and Rhino to produce ground surface mesh definitions
- Creating ordered, understandable data deliveries for the Art Team
- Receiving updates and deliveries from the Art Team and performing QA checks against the graphical references agreed at the start of the project
- Performing QA checks for the technical structure and ground surface assignments as well as real-time rendering performance
- Production of the functional road network files using Rhino and in house developed exporters
- Testing of the functional road networks with SUMO, IPG Traffic and OpenDrive based traffic controllers.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Attention to detail and pride in a good job.
- Creative & problem solving.
- Working independently and showing initiative.
- Ability to use and learn new software packages and digital processes
- Interest in 3D CAD packages such as Rhino 3d or 3ds Max
- Python scripting experience & test automation implementation
- Office IT hardware support experience
With offices in Romsey (UK), Ann Arbor, Michigan (USA) Giessen (Germany) and Shin-Yokohama (Japan) rFpro’s global teams are passionate about their work. They are motivated to share their expertise across the business, contributing to this dynamic industry. Supported by a friendly, progressive, and inclusive culture, individuals benefit from true flexible working, combining remote and office-based locations to enhance productivity. We offer highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (+plus bank holidays) and company pension contributions.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org