ABOUT THE ROLE
The unit’s mission is to drive the expansion of AB Dynamics’ world-leading solutions into new markets both in the UK and internationally.
Working primarily as a software engineer for new products for autonomous vehicles within multiple market sectors reporting to Software Technical Lead.
Work independently and with the team to drive software from initial implementation through to production for innovative and technically complex systems that address challenges faced by our customers.
Working within a new start-up entity with the AB Dynamics Group the breadth and depth of this role will develop as the business grows offering fantastic personal development opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing software systems for localisation, object detection and control of autonomous systems
- Investigation of failures and debug of autonomous software systems
- Evaluation of autonomous system through extensive test
- Integration of software systems into the CI framework
- Ensure a complete audit trail for all software written through version control, bug tracking and CI reports
- Optimisation of systems to meet cost and performance requirements
- Follow coding standards and other company practices and guidelines
- Provide technical support and know-how to other team members
- Documentation of the system components
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in software engineering, computer science or equivalent
- Linux based toolchains
- Good programming ability in C/C++ and Python and general scripting languages
- Version and release control, preferably Gitlab
- Experience of robotics systems is preferred: e.g. localisation, odometry, sensor fusion and calibration
- Experience of image processing and object detection either classical or CNN based is desirable
- Docker experience is desirable
- Professional experience in SW integration, testing and deployment is desirable
- Experience of machine learning frameworks, e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow and Caffe is desirable
- Broad knowledge/awareness/love of technology
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines, work autonomously and as part of a team and who is eager to solve complex technical challenges
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Excellent creative and strategic thinking capabilities
- Able to interface and network across the company, including international locations and customers
- Security cleared or able to achieve SC vetting
We’re an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com