ABOUT AB DYNAMICS
AB Dynamics is one of the world’s leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles
We are looking for a Test and Commissioning Technician to support the commissioning and final test of our Launchpad (VRU) vehicles. The LaunchPad is a pilotable platform designed to carry Vulnerable Road User (VRU) targets for ADAS development and testing. The Launchpad relies on cutting edge technology with GPS guidance and high-capacity electric batteries.
- Electrical and mechanical commissioning of each new build
- Programming and setup on-board PC and software
- Connection, testing and setup of the battery and monitoring system.
- Internal PC setup
- Performing functional tests – steering, path following etc.
- Setup and testing of the electric drive motors.
- Carry out Track Testing functional tests.
- Fault finding and servicing of existing products.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Familiarity with working from R&D schematics
- Use of MS Office package
- Willingness to work to a high standard
- Can work unaided
- Electrical or mechanical technical qualification, NVQ 3, or technical degree
- Mechanical dexterity
- Experience of automotive electronics
- Critical thinker with a good understanding of engineering
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Can-do attitude
- Able to flex between jobs Can work in a production environment
We’re an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com